FOTYL-Finding One Thing You Love


Finding One Thing You Love…FOTYL—can mean different things to different people. At its heart, it means finding something that makes your day a little easier.
For some, it might be a hobby or passion that helps them find solid ground after a difficult day or week. For others, it could be a beloved pet waiting eagerly by the door as they turn their key in the lock.
For me, it is making playlists.
When I was a teenager in the 1980s, we loved creating cassette playlists for friends who were moving away, starting new adventures, or simply because. There was something special about choosing songs for someone else—each one selected with that person in mind.
I still enjoy making playlists today, although the process looks a little different. Instead of cassette tapes, I use microSD cards and share them with family and friends. I have even purchased inexpensive MP3 players as gifts, giving my loved ones a dedicated way to enjoy their music while allowing me to continue doing something I love.
Finding your one thing will look different for everyone. For me, it is this simple, meaningful process: choosing music, creating something for someone else, and keeping my mind focused on an activity away from the web.
Sometimes, one thing you love is enough to make the day feel a little lighter.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For those days that feel as if nothing is going your way.

IOTSN-It's Okay To Say No